Organisations are experiencing a shift of focus due to the disruption caused by COVID-19.
Amidst this disruption, change leaders need to consider using agile change management approaches to proactively respond to change and forge a change-ready culture in their organisations. This leadership is essential to enable teams to succeed in uncertain business environments as we prepare for a ‘new normal’.
Here are some of the key skills, tactics, and strategies organisations can take to adapt to this situation.
- Establish clear communication strategies with your team and all other stakeholders – both internal and external. Discrete and inefficient communication will hurt now more than before. Clear and efficient communication increases trust.
- Build an effective messaging framework throughout the organisation using various channels.
- Ensure that all team members are on the same page, by explaining the business priorities and how would they impact the long-term goals of the business.
- Assign clear performance expectations to avoid losing focus and momentum.
- Foster an environment of teamwork and collaboration by increasing engagement and communication frequency.
- Be available for your team members to answer their questions and offer support when needed, so they know they’re not alone in this.
- Don’t look at the past as a comparison scale. Resist comparing performance in the ‘new normal’ against the previous performance. Reject the urge to do get back to the old normal.
- Keep yourself and your project teams on track by emphasizing on the ‘Why’
- Maintain consistent communication with your team as to what is working and what needs to be adjusted
COVID-19 is a new situation, we’re all learning how to deal with it, there is no right or wrong.
Be prepared to pivot. Take things case by case and be flexible.Tags: CHANGE LEADERS, CHANGE MANAGEMENT, COMMUNICATION STRATEGIES, COVID-19, HUMAN RESOURCES, LEADERSHIP, RECRUITMENT