Posted by Vinod | Posted in How To Blogs | Posted on 21-06-2011-05-2008
The new version of Metamorphosis allows course creators to embed various video file formats into Metamorphosis courses. Adding video files will certainly enhance the end user experience as they are not just left to read text, which can sometimes get monotonous.
There are different ways to do so:
Embedding YouTube clips and other HTML
Sometimes, you may have some videos on YouTube which have some relevance to the topic you are teaching via eLearning. Providing an external link in the courses to YouTube videos means the learner has to navigate away from the course which can be distracting. To curb this distraction, now Metamorphosis has an option to embed YouTube videos directly into the Metamorphosis course screen, thus enabling learners to view the video right there without any external navigation.
Following are the steps to embed YouTube videos:
- Go to YouTube.com and find the video clip you wish to embed. Copy the code from the Embed field.
- In Metamorphosis, from the Edit tab, select the screen tree-view icon or thumbnail for the screen where you want the media to appear.
- Click on the Add media button at the bottom of the screen and then select YouTube.
- Paste the embed code into the field on the Add YouTube dialog box.
- Click on the OK button.
You can then move the media locator object to the desired location on the screen (The clip will be located with the top left corner being matched to the top left corner of the object).
Note that the Add YouTube dialog can also be used to embed other HTML code. For example, you may wish to embed a PayPal ‘buy now’ button. To do so, copy the button code from the PayPal website and paste into the Add YouTube dialog field and then click OK.
Adding Videos or Flash Video (FLV)
Apart from embedding YouTube videos, Metamorphosis also allows course authors to add Videos and FLV files directly into the Metamorphosis courseware.
Video file types include AVI, MOV, MPG and WMV. Flash-based SWF files are supported and also FLV files.
Adding FLV: You can embed and play Flash Video (FLV) within your Metamorphosis lesson. Follow the steps below to embed an FLV clip:
- From the Edit tab, select the screen tree-view icon or thumbnail for the screen where you want the media to appear.
- Click on the Add media button at the bottom of the screen and then select Flash Video.
- Click on the Browse button and then select the flv you want to display on the screen. You can do the same for an image file if required.
- Where applicable make the appropriate changes to the optional settings.
- Click on the OK button.
You can then move the media locator object to the desired location on the screen.
If you need further information regading Metamorphosis, please get in touch with us! Aus: +61 (0)2 8860 9175